Sunday, October 5, 2008

October is here...

Can you believe it's already October? We can't. October marks the 1/4 of the way there mark for Chad. It's hard to believe that he will finally be finished with residency in just 9 short months. The next 9 months are going to bring a lot of change in our lives... in 3 months Chad will finish his time at the university hospital FOREVER and move onto the last 6 months of residency at the VA hospital. In addition we will be placing our townhouse on the market come January and hoping it sells (fingers crossed!). In 6 months our baby boy/girl will be making his/her appearance in the world, and we are sure this will be the biggest change yet. And in 9 months we will be packing up and moving to Coeur d'Alene to start a new chapter in our lives. I suppose there is nothing more we can really do but hold on and enjoy the ride. Although I am a strong supporter of prior planning prevents poor performance, so plan and plan we will do!

Life around the Peterson household has been kind of ho hum lately, Chad and I are both recovering from a nasty cold/flu virus, of which he took the brunt. For the most part I am feeling better and nearly back to 100% but he's still a bit of snotty/coughy mess. Dora is going a little stir crazy, with all the rain it's been impossible to get her to the dog park lately. In good news though, the baby seems to be growing and I am for the most part feeling good, the first trimester symptoms seem to be a thing of the past. I have more energy and less nausea and my appetite seems to have calmed down... which is a good thing! One more week to go and we will officially be out of the 1st trimester which also means this pregnancy is already 1/3 of the way over, which seems so surreal to me. We have a second ultrasound coming up on Thursday this week for a genetic screening, hopefully we will get better pics to share.

Below are some belly pics for your viewing pleasure, the first was taken the day after we found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, please excuse the blurriness. The second was taken today at the 12 week mark. I wouldn't say that I have a baby belly yet, but I have definitely lost my waistline, if anybody finds it let me know!





No comments: